Friday, April 1, 2011

Ice Man, Blizzard Man, and Cold Man walk into a bar

Snow on April 1st? What is this? Did the cancellation of Mega Man Universe cause Ice Man to take over already? I think snow in April is enough of a reason to stay home and play videogames today, and as I have a bad case of 'Wanna Play Everything!' let's touch on all the various games I have currently underway.

Mass Effect 2 (PS3) - This is my first playthrough of the PS3 version of the game (which comes with all of the DLC except for 'Arrival,' which I'll pick up after the Suicide Mission). Right now I've collected the first batch of team members and completed the mission on Horizon.

Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3) - My buddy Jared is a huge fan of this series, and wouldn't let me abandon the series after the sorta-dreadful first game; he's letting me borrow this sequel, and after just an hour or two it's already leagues better. If this had been the first game I'd have been onboard at day one!

Dissidia: Final Fantasy (PSP) - This is my exercise bike videogame for the moment, which is the only way to get me to the gym: let me gain XP. Right now I've finished Destiny Odysseys II, IV, VII, VIII, and X. This game shouldn't be as addicting as it is, but I'm pretty hooked on it, and now the sequel is out! I'll pick it up once I get through the first one.

Wonder Boy 3: Monster Lair (PC) - I wrote about this game yesterday, purchased in error. I've gotten to the fifth world (I think - they tend to run together), and it's relatively mindless fun.

Winter Voices: Avalanche (PC) - I'll be writing about this one eventually. My buddy Derek saw me playing Wonder Boy 3, expressed his disapproval loudly, and gifted me this game on Steam. I'm going to get through it before I talk about it too much.

Resident Evil 5 (360) - The recent news that Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica are coming to Xbox Live and PSN inspired me to play through RE5 again. This is my Veteran playthrough, and I'm enjoying it but it's not the masterpiece that RE4 was. I'm at the midpoint of Stage 5, where the Not-Zombies are now using guns, and my progress has slowed a bit.

World of Warcraft (PC) - And there's always the WoW. My Arms Warrior is geared for Heroic dungeons now, so pretty soon the Heroic slog will begin.

Lots to do, lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment