Sunday, October 11, 2015

Bad at Videogames

At some point I became bad at video games. When did this happen? Was it the arrival of adulthood? Was it the moment that I stopped having more time than money, and started having more money than time (even if barely)? Was it just the type of games that I'd play, transitioning into longer-duration RPGs or more forgiving adventures? Time was when I'd rocket through Super Mario Bros. in a single sitting, but I haven't been able to do that in years. What happened?

I'm going to change that! I have a basement filled with NES games, and a working NES. Why not exercise those muscles again?

Well, the basement is a good place for classic games in the spring and summer (with the first floor dedicated to current consoles), but as autumn progresses into winter that's not going to be a great place to spend a lot of time; not with frozen knuckles and frost-bitten reflexes.

So I moved my NES setup upstairs!

Looks great to me!

I think this is going to be a great setup for re-learning my old games, and maybe for introducing my daughter to some of the classics. And when my wife gets back today, I'm sure she'll be totally fine with my having hauled all this old stuff upstairs. Of course she will!

I'll let you know!

Dice approves.
UPDATE: 'Why is there a TV up here? It has to move before the holidays.'

TRANSLATION: She's totally cool with it, you guys! ;)

1 comment: